3D Printers are no longer a concept or a prototype sitting inside a lab. Today you and I can buy a cheap 3D printers for less than $500 thanks to technology. If you are new to 3D printing and do not want to splurge on something that is just going to be your hobby, it does not make sense to buy an expensive equipment.
Looking through the zillion products in the market can make your head go round. That is why we have put together 16 of the best cheap 3D printers models on the market. Whether it is a plug and play model or a DIY printer that your heart is after, there is one for every one and for every budget.
- 1 Best Cheap 3D Printers Under 500$ For Sale
- 1.1 1. M3D Micro Best Budget 3D Printer Kits
- 1.2 2. Monoprice 13860 maker select 3D printer V2
- 1.3 3. FlashForge Finder 3D Printer
- 1.4 4. Geeetech Rostock M301 Low Cost Diy 3D Printer Kit
- 1.5 5. Printrbot Play 1505 Diy 3D Printer Kit
- 1.6 6. New Matter MOD-t Diy 3D Printer Kit
- 1.7 7. HICTOP Prusa I3 Best Cheap Desktop 3D Printer
- 2 Best Affordable 3D Printers Under 300$ For Sale
- 2.1 8. XYZprinting da Vinci mini Affordable 3D Printer
- 2.2 9. XYZprinting da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Best Affordable 3D Printer
- 2.3 10. Monoprice Select Mini Best Cheapest 3D Printer Kit
- 2.4 11. XYZprinting da Vinci miniMaker Cheapest 3D Printer
- 3 Best Cheap 3D Printers Under 1000$ For Sale
- 3.1 12. Flashforge dreamer 3D Printer kit
- 3.2 13. Flashforge creator pro 3D Printer kit
- 3.3 14. Qidi Tech I Diy 3d printer Kits
- 3.4 15. XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 pro Diy 3D Printer
- 3.5 16. XYZprinting da Vinci 2.0 duo 3D Printer Kits
- 3.6 Final words
Table of Best Cheap 3D Printers Kits
In this article we will learn on best cheap 3d printers.
Best Cheap 3D Printers Under 500$ For Sale
1. M3D Micro Best Budget 3D Printer Kits
When you’re excited about 3D printing you definitely will not want to go through a long set-up process. That is why the Micro 3D printer comes completely ready for you to print as soon as you bring it home. It has a compact and a fuss-free design that is attractive too making it perfect for beginners.
It makes life easier for you as it has an in-built auto calibration technology for quality and consistent prints. What’s even better, it comes with a M3D software that is Windows compatible. As if that wasn’t enough it has an unbelievable set-up time of 5 – 10 minutes.
- It is a truly plug and play printer that lets you start printing right out of the box
- Watch your designs being created minus the annoying printer noise.
- Compatible with a variety of filaments such as PLA, ABS, HIPS and Nylon
- The printer comes with a UL certification making it safe to use
- The printing area is smaller and so is not for you if you want to print large objects.
2. Monoprice 13860 maker select 3D printer V2
The Monoprice 13860 is just the one for you, if you want a Cheap 3D Printer that is ready to print. It comes pre-assembled requiring you to only fix the frame and base with a few screws. Monoprice 13860 3d printer doesn’t get simpler than this; it even comes with a 2GB Micro SD card that is pre-loaded with 3D models and a sample PLA filament to let you print out of the box.
The print bed is a heated plate which is perfect for thermoplastics like ABS, PLA and a variety of other filaments. The printer is also compatible with many software like Cura, Simplify3D and Repetier. It works with Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Setting up is easy as the printer is fully pre-assembled.
- Micro SD card allows for untethered printing.
- Print large objects with the large (8 x 8 x 7 inches) printing area.
- You get more value for your money with great features and a low price tag.
- There is a bit of a learning curve involved especially for beginners.
3. FlashForge Finder 3D Printer
If you are tired of cheaply made plastic printers that do a sloppy job of printing, then it is time to treat yourself with some high quality printing. The FlashForge is a budget-friendly 3D printer that gives you some quality 3D prints in addition to being stylish.
The printer is compatible with most operating systems such as Windows 7/ 8 / Vista and Mac OS X. It prints using the popular PLA filament and the in-built filament management system that will warn you when it runs out of filament.
The FlashForge Finder’s semi-automated bed leveling will guide you for easy bed leveling. The icing on the cake is its in-built WiFi feature and its ability to also receive files over a USB cable or flashdrive. The printer is great for total newbies as well as those who want to explore 3 D printing further.
- A sturdy plastic alloy construction.
- Transmit files easily with WiFi, USB cable or USB flashdrives.
- Good value for money as it comes with some great high-end features like WiFi, USB and flash drive ports.
- Forget noise with its quiet operation.
- Build volume is not as good as some other printers in the segment.
- Only PLA filament can be used for printing.
4. Geeetech Rostock M301 Low Cost Diy 3D Printer Kit
If you are into 3D printing and want to build your printer from scratch, then the Geeetech Rostock M301 is a great option for you. It has a very small footprint and gives you excellent print quality.
It comes with a 3-in- 1 mix color printing hotend that ends in a single nozzle to mix colours as your print. You can thus use your printer as either a single extruder, dual extruder or a 2-in- 1out extruder. As if that was not enough, you can also mix colours giving you an endless possibility of colours in your end product. Due to the light weight of the moving parts it offers a greater speed of printing than other similar models.
A Delta type constructions make the printer faster than other types in addition to making it a compact model. The printer is compatible with operating systems such as Windows, Mac and Linux.
- The printer is compatible with four different types of filaments such as PLA, ABS, wood and PLA.
- A single nozzle removes the calibration problems associated with multiple nozzles.
- As it is a DIY model, you can modify and upgrade it to suit your printing requirement as you become proficient in 3D printing.
- It is a user-assembled model and hence is not suitable for those who are new to 3D printing.
- The open construction is not ideal for use around children.
5. Printrbot Play 1505 Diy 3D Printer Kit
Whether you are a total newbie when it comes to 3D printing or someone with a bit of experience, the Printrbot Play is a great budget-friendly model. It uses PLA filaments and has a small foot print making it portable.
A powder-coated metal frame makes it stable while its auto calibration feature ensures that the print bed is always leveled for accurate printing. What’s more, the Cura printing software is absolutely free to use, which you can download online. All in all, it is a great entry-level printer giving you quality 3D prints either for home or classroom use.
- A print resolution of 50 microns which is higher than other printers in the segment.
- You have the choice of buying the printer preassembled or unassembled with no price difference.
- Safe to use around children as it has a fan shroud and an extruder cover.
- A print area measuring only 4″x4″x5″ which is smaller than other similar printers.
- No display screen for viewing printer settings.
6. New Matter MOD-t Diy 3D Printer Kit
How about a good-looking 3D printer that is affordable and prints great too? That’s a winning combination for a low-cost 3D printer. The New Matter Mod-t is great for printing small items with high quality.
The desktop model does not take too much desk space and has an apple-inspired compact design.
The printing area is enclosed for safety but is fully viewable from all sides making it a great class-room printer.
The printer uses only PLA filaments and has WiFi connectivity which is unusual in low-cost models. It is very quiet too and makes for a great entry-level 3D printer that is ideal for both home and school use.
- It is an ultra lightweight printer weighing a mere 12 lbs.
- Extremely portable and has a small footprint.
- Safe to use around children as it has a fully enclosed printing area.
- Quiet operation.
- The printing software has very limited options and cannot be used for advanced settings.
- Does not have any onboard storage or option to use SD card.
7. HICTOP Prusa I3 Best Cheap Desktop 3D Printer
If you want a Cheap Desktop 3D Printer that you would like to assemble yourself, then the Hictop Prusa I3 can be a good choice for you. It is compatible with a variety of filaments and comes with its own Cura software.
The advantage with buying an unassembled model as this one is that, once you get the hang of 3D printing you can upgrade it to accommodate more complex projects. The printer is lightweight at 17.64 lbs and comes with an LCD screen and SD card feature. It is a great model for 3D printing enthusiasts.
- The printer is compatible with a variety of filaments such as ABS, PLA, Wood, HIPS, Nylon, PC and Pet-G.
- It comes with everything you need for the assembly in the box.
- Great way to learn how 3D printing works as it is a user-assembled model.
- Good value for money.
- Some users find the instructional video for assembly to be poor.
- Quality output is dependent on factors such as proper assembly and calibration.
Best Affordable 3D Printers Under 300$ For Sale
8. XYZprinting da Vinci mini Affordable 3D Printer
The da Vinci mini from XYZ printing can be easily mistaken to be a high-end 3D printer due to some of the features that it incorporates in a best cheap 3D printer. It is a true plug-and- play machine that comes ready to print.
It is great for hobbyists, educators and even some small scale products. With a small footprint and weighing only a mere 24.25 lbs, you can transport it with ease. It uses the standard 1.75, diameter PLA filament and its printing resolution can be adjusted from 100 microns to 400 microns. This resolution is the same found in the higher end model which is the da Vinci Junior.
The embedded Wi-Fi feature allows you to transmit your files to be printed directly from your computer. As if that wasn’t enough, the printer has enough in-built storage space to allow for untethered printing.
- Allows you to start printing with just a push of a button.
- You can transmit files over Wi-Fi from your local network.
- The PLA filaments are safe to use as they are free from DEHP and heavy metals.
- The printer tends to waste filaments towards the end of the spool due to detection issues.
- No LCD menu to select printer settings.
9. XYZprinting da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Best Affordable 3D Printer
When you are new to 3D printing, all you will want is a quality printer than can help you print some small objects. This is exactly what you get in the XYZ printing da Vinci Jr which is a true best budget 3d printer in every sense of the word.
The affordable 3d printer is chock full of features for its price point giving you more bang for the buck. Just plug and play as it has auto-leveling feature for precision printing. You can see all printer settings on the LCD navigation screen and even comes with free filament in the box.
- A built-in display for easy calibration and printing of your projects.
- Untethered printing capability as you can save files to an SD card.
- A print resolution of 100 to 400 microns.
- Comes with free XYZ 3D design and printing software.
- It is a PLA-only printer and hence cannot be used for printing with ABS filament.
- It supports only proprietary XYZ spools that are DEHP and heavy metal free.
10. Monoprice Select Mini Best Cheapest 3D Printer Kit
Some Cheapest 3D Printers such as the Monoprice select mini come packed with so many features and at a such a low price tag to make you shake your head in disbelief.
This small and compact 3D printer has a small footprint and won’t take up too much of your deskspace. It is a fully assembled printer that comes ready with PLA filament and MicroSD card for out of the box printing.
This 3D Printer uses a heated aluminium bed for printing and comes with a cooling fan. It is compatible with both PC and Mac platforms and has both Micro USB and MicroSD card connectivity. At its price point, it is a must-have for all 3D printer newbies.
- Compatible with all types of filaments such as ABS, PLA, PVA, wood and metal composites.
- A solid construction made of steel.
- Compatible with a variety of softwares including Cura and Repetier.
- It has an open frame design that does not protect little hands from the build plate.
- Some users find it difficult to level the bed using the instructions given.
11. XYZprinting da Vinci miniMaker Cheapest 3D Printer
No more dull and serious-looking Cheapest 3D Printers, the da Vinci miniMaker from XYZ printing is a colourful-looking printer that will be a sure-shot winner with school kids and 3D hobbyists alike.
It is a lightweight and a compact model that will take the least space on your desktop. For its small size it has an impressive print bed measuring 5.9 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches. It is safe to use around children as it does not use a heated printing bed. This plug and play model is great for school children and 3D printing hobbyists.
- Comes with a auto-calibration feature which is an added bonus for its price point.
- Safe to use as the filaments used are DEHP and heavy metal free.
- Comes with a free printing software.
- Great value for money.
- Only proprietary PLA filaments that are DEHP-free and heavy-metal free can be used.
- The prints sometimes tend to come of the print bed but this issue can be overcome with some glue.
Best Cheap 3D Printers Under 1000$ For Sale
12. Flashforge dreamer 3D Printer kit
The Flashforge dreamer is for those who want a high-end 3D printer and don’t mind paying a little extra. The plastic/alloy frame is sturdy and has an enclosed design making it safe to use. But the design lets you see all the internal parts and the printing as it happens.
It has its own software called FlashPrint which is compatible with Slic3r. The printer is also compatible with Windows and Mac OS. A built-in Wi-Fi means you can print your objects by simply sending your files from your computer, untethered. You can also use the 4GB SD card for untethered printing. On the whole, it is an extremely reliable 3D printer.
- The printer is extremely well-made and durable despite having a plastic frame.
- You can use a variety of filaments such as ABS, PLA, HIPS, Nylon, PVA and more.
- It is easy to use this printer as it comes with a touch screen and user-friendly features.
- It gives you great value for your money with a lot of features for its price.
- As it is a high-tech printer, setting up can be a bit challenging for beginners.
13. Flashforge creator pro 3D Printer kit
Why buy an expensive 3D printer kit when you can get high quality printing with the Flashforge creator pro at an affordable price? Whether you are an expert or a beginner you can create quality 3D prints with ABS, PLA and PVA. A dual extruder means you can add multiple colors to your end product. In fact, as the extruders can be adjusted, it can even accommodate newer materials.
While the solid steel frame ensures stability, the aviation grade aluminum print plate will stay flat no matter how hot it gets. A guide rod adds to the stability during printing. You can print using the FlashPrint or RepliatorG software using Windows, MAC OSX or Linux systems.
- Your prints will be of high quality due to a stable frame and a 10 mm guide rod for vertical stability.
- A build volume of 9 x 7 x 5.7 inches means you can print really large objects.
- The enclosed chamber is not only safe but also ensures quality ABS prints.
- It is not very quiet and the noise level can be quite bothersome.
14. Qidi Tech I Diy 3d printer Kits
How about a cheap Diy 3D printer Kits that is also FCC, CE and RoHS certified? Sounds too good to be true?
Not really. The Qidi tech I is a dual extruder printer that uses the FDM technology. It comes with a unique flat, aviation grade aluminum that will not cause the plastic to warp when heated.
Nothing is cheap about this printer except its price as it comes in an external frame that is fully made of metal. Forget wobbly plastic printers forever! You can use both ABS and PLA filaments and get the best of both worlds in one printer.
- You can use the printer with both PLA and ABS filaments for your various projects.
- As it has dual extruders you can add new colours even in the middle of your project.
- It comes with everything you need to start printing right out of the box.
- Some amount of assembly is required especially with the print bed.
- It does not come with extended warranty.
15. XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 pro Diy 3D Printer
The da Vinci 1.0 Pro is an excellent choice for both beginners and experts alike as it is budget-friendly. Easily set the printer up in no time with a sensor-guided print bed leveling and calibration. An aluminum print bed instead of glass means that it can handle even high temperatures and distribute it evenly.
You can print your objects tethered with the USB or remove it once printing is initiated. For untethered and hassle-free printing simply use the Wi-Fi feature. With the bundled software you can adjust settings such as speed, retraction and print support.
It is fully enclosed for maximum safety and has easy to use on-board display and controls giving you a great printing experience. Simply download the free XYZ software and you are ready to go.
- USB and Wi-Fi connectivity for tethered, partially tethered and untethered printing.
- Allows you to print with both ABS and PLA filament types of any brand.
- Wi-Fi connectivity lets you send files from your computer through the internet.
- The speed of printing may not be as good as those in the segment.
16. XYZprinting da Vinci 2.0 duo 3D Printer Kits
It is not so often that you come across a best budget 3D printer with features of a high-end 3D printer. The da Vinci 2.0 duo is a dual-extrusion 3D printer at a budget friendly price. Dual-extrusion allows you to create multi-color objects.
It is truly a plug and play device and is extremely easy to use. It is compatible with both ABS and PLA filaments that are the commonly used ones. Forget maintenance as the printer has auto-calibration, detects when filament is low, self-cleans nozzles, is compatible with most operating systems and automatically upgrades its software.
- The printer is easy to use with an LED display, automatic calibration and easy to install filament cartridges.
- Print objects fast with a print speed ranging from 30 to 150 mm per second.
- It has a large printing area with a build volume of 20 cm x 20 cm x 15 cm.
- A fully enclosed design is safe to use.
- The printer is heavy and you will need a sturdy set-up if you are using it on a desktop.
I tried to I help you in that find the best cheap 3D printers, I hope that I have already helped, And that does not come out of this article before you choose your best cheap 3D printer.
After choosing the Best Cheap 3D Printer for your needs, start by looking for 3D forms of printing, for you suggested to you Cool 3D thing to Print.